Sunday, 23 August 2009

Always back up your computer!


I am a big procrastinator and this time things definitely didn't go in my favour because of it. A couple of years ago, my computer crashed and I lost everything! So after that, my dad go me a cool little gadget that will back up my computer for me. All I need to do is plug it in, not much work at all. So I used it every few months (no where near as much as I should have been) with no problems to my computer. Of course the day came last week when my hard drive keeled over and died. So all the files on my computer had gone. So I checked my back up gadget and the last time I had backed up was in early May. Luckily I only lost one main thing, but it was quite a big thing, almost my entire Toast Rack file. Not good at all. So I have a lot of work on my hands. So basically my message is ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR COMPUTER!

In other news, I got a lot of unusual barbie shoes arrive a few days ago so I've been working hard making some new earrings because it has been way too long since I added some new items to Random Quirks. So keep checking back, new stuff is coming! And though it will be a few more days until I can add anything new to Toast Rack, what with needing to do another photo shoot since I lost all mine, new designs are coming. Even better, I know people have been asking for more colour choice to be shown in the actual photos, so I have added 2 more colours for now, with more to come. Plus I'll be getting better pictures for my t-shirt line on Random Quirks. Ooh, its all so exciting :)

I applied for my masters last week finally. Just waiting for a reply. It's been over a week since I sent off my application so fingers crossed. Also, it seems I will have to wait a little bit longer to be able to move back to Manchester. Oh well, I'm really looking forward to it, whenever I do move back. As pretty a town as I live in (Newark), it's not really so good for people my age.

Anyway, off to the supermarket cos me and my brother are out of food and he ate all my ice cream so I definitely need some more of that. So toodles for now.

No comments: