Sunday, 20 September 2009

On the move


Well, my bags are packed and I'm ready to go. My circumstances changed yet again, so now I'm going to be renting somewhere for a month after all. Luckily, my friend's old landlady will take me for a month in a good location so thats great. I can take a bigger suitcase (the tank) and I'm staying with my friend tonight so should hopefully be getting sorted soon. The only problem with taking a bigger suitcase is that it's bigger and heavier to carry around.

I'm going to be travelling across the country by train, with one change of train, with a large heavy suitcase, a bulky plastic bag, a sleeping bag and my shoulder bag which will be carrying my laptop. Now, I'm not a particularly big or strong girl so this will be a huge challenge.

The station I'm changing at, Doncaster, has lots of stairs. I can't lift this suitcase with only one hand. Please please please let there be lifts. And thank god I have 20 minutes to get to the next platform.

I'm bringing my Random Quirks merchandise and a mini shipping kit with me so I can carry on posting if I get any sales. Depending on my internet situation, it may be harder to get now items up, but I will definitely keep re-listing. I have also brought my fabric paints with me, so orders for ToastRack will still be able to go through.

Anyway, I must say even though I have a incredibly heavy suitcase, I managed to fit in a months worth of stuff in it :) My secret? I only put 2 weeks worth of clothes in there and hope my place will have a washing machine. If not, I'm gonna have to do my washing at my bf's halls, heh.

Righty then, must be off. Got to chuck a few bits and pieces in my shoulder bag and head off to my death by lugging my possessions across the county.

4 comments:

Burning Moon said...

That bracelet is so cute, I wish you luck on your trip & luck with that big suit case maybe someone at the station will help carry it?

Please comment my blog back

http://burningmoonproducts.blogspot.com/

SillyLittleLady said...

Good luck with your travels, I'm sure you'll have stories to tell!

Sarah said...

those barbie shoes bring back memories!

Diary of a Young Designer said...

Hope that trip goes smoothly for you. Make sure to enjoy the scenery and relax a little.

xo
Sophie