Thursday, 17 September 2009

What a rollercoaster of a few days


So last you left me, I was waiting to find out about my friends house where I will be living this year. Well, where do I begin? First, it was delayed by a month, which isn't very good seeing as I start uni on monday. So, I couldn't stay with my boyfriend and had to find somewhere for a month. The search began. It was 3 days of stress and sleepless nights where I was homeless, then not homeless, then homeless again.

Yesterday I found some good news that it would only be delayed by 2 weeks. In a way that made it harder to find somewhere. And it was too long a time for my bf to put me up. So what did I do? I cried. I cried and I cried. You've got to feel sorry for my bf who was on the phone to me at the time. Crying made me feel loads better though and I texted my friend who I'm going to be living with and she said I can stay at her family home for a bit which is on the outskirts of Manchester. So the problem is solved, I'm going to Manchester on Sunday to stay with her until late next week when I will go and stay with my bf for a few days. Hopefully by the end of that, the house will be ready and we can move in.

Now, being who I am and being on the move constantly, I am very good at packing. But having to pack a small pully bag for 2 weeks, is going to be an exciting challenge. I do have a very large pully suitcase which I nicknamed "The Tank", but since I'm going to be travelling by train and staying in 2 different places, one of them being a hall of residence, there won't be any room for it. So stay tuned for: Can a fashion student fit 2 weeks worth of clothes in a small bag? We shall see how that turns out :)

So now I can get excited that I start uni on Monday :D I feel so much better now. Things are looking good. Random Quirks views are really up now :). Quite a few views are coming from Twitter as well. I realised that I'm running low on new items and since I don't know what to do with my current supplies, I bought some fresh new ones. I'm inspired.

I also decided to upgrade the earring hooks to sterling silver in a hope that that will encourage more sales, so fingers crossed. I won't be able to make any new items or switch the earring hooks until I'm all moved into the house, so it will be a couple of weeks. I can't wait :)

3 comments:

esque said...

oooff! I'm glad you found something tho! Gosh, we were living like that for a good 3 months, sharing a 2 bedrooms with 5 peeps and our 3 cats. No fun!

SB said...

That's great that you're starting at Uni! Nice blog :)

Diary of a Young Designer said...

Wow, glad you found a place to stay. I remember having to pack only a backpack for like a week and a half also, it was horrible.

Hope school is fun!

xo
Sophie