Wednesday, 5 May 2010

And so it has begun....

Yesterday i finished my final exam for my masters and the summer now stretches ahead of me. I have my glamorous part time job selling flip flops (:P) and a 20,000 word dissertation to complete before September the 3rd. I am now free to work on Random Quirks as much as I please :).

Though this summer will be a long one, there is a scary ending to it. You could also say it was exciting, I haven't decided yet. I have no clue what is going to happen to me past the 16th September when I return off holiday. I have to have a full time job and this time I have no back ups. If I don't get one by the end of the summer then I will be a starving artist since I can't live on a part time salary. Yep, definitely scary. I really don't want to have to move back home, it was hard enough last summer. I also don't want to be a burden to my parents. My dad has worked so hard to make sure that me and my brother have everything we need so I want to finally be able to give him a break. At least now I have somewhere a bit more permanent to live in Manchester this time. The only thing I can do is just take it one day at a time. Concentrate on growing Random Quirks and saving as much money as possible while job hunting. Wish me luck!

I have already began growing Random Quirks starting with the product range. I will now be adding rings and stud earrings to the mix, as well as keyrings. It's really fun trying something new and I hope they do well. A really positive thing I've been doing is actually making proper accounts for the shop and putting money aside from sales for all costs, profit, and even paying myself a bit. Before I just used to guess an amount for items and then just spend the money on more supplies. I'm trying my best to treat it like a proper business. The great thing about all this free time I have now is that I can read up on all the tips I have saved from etsy forums and everywhere and actually put those things into practice. It's a really exciting time for Random Quirks at the moment, so stay tuned :)

So, in every aspect of my life this summer, I'm just going to go for it.

Summer 2010, bring it on :)



2 comments:

Burning Moon said...

Congratulations on finishing your exam =] Your blog & your little pac man ring are adorable great job

Please follow & Comment my blog back?
http://burningmoonproducts.blogspot.com/

Plantress said...

I think it is very mature of you to try to take care of yourself right out of school with no prospects. I wish my children felt as you do. Good luck with growing your shop, your zillion word dissertation and finding meaningful, inspiring work.

Plantress