Monday, 26 July 2010

Work, work and more work

Wow, been awhile hasn't it? Not only my blog has suffered but my shops have been neglected too. Must learn to multi-task. On the bright side, last time I wrote I had only done 5000 words on my dissertation - now I have written 10500 words. And I've done 2 out of 3 of my research methods. I keep thinking, why did I decide to do three.

Anyway, luckily for me I have a back-log of new items that I made for Random Quirks so I can start listing them again, starting with this one in the picture. Plenty of rings, stud earrings and keychains to come :) I also have plenty of supplies so I should hopefully be able to make some new items soon when my new item box begins to get empty again. I have also almost finished phasing out the hand painted t-shirts - one more to go. I do hand paint t-shirts in my spare time as favours to friends though, so if anyone were to want one, I can definitely do some custom work.

So, on to Toast Rack. I don't know if I mentioned it but I have also decided to stop doing the t-shirts there as well. Instead I am going to concentrate on selling vintage accessories. Again it was a time and difficulty thing. I think I am better off selling made to order things. Once again, I bit off more than I can chew. I finally got a sale with Toast Rack for a vintage brooch so that convinced me that I was better off only selling vintage items. I love vintage. Fingers crossed for this new venture.

Not much to say on the job front. I don't have one and it's really difficult trying to find a new one. (got let go from my job in may due to staff cuts) I can't really get a proper job at the moment since I have my holiday in September for when I finish my dissertation. Annoyingly I booked it before I lost my job so I've had to scrimp and save for it and am doing pretty well so far. Luckily I have lots and lots of stuff to sell on ebay :) I can't wait :)

Well thats all for now, I am going to try my hardest to become a better multi-tasker.

1 comment:

lovedfromthestart said...

I'm horrible at multitasking as well. Your etsy shop has lots of stuff to drool over! Good luck on the dissertation!