Tuesday, 10 August 2010

Focus on the positive

September is getting closer and closer. I'm torn between really looking forward to it and dreading it. The positive part is my holiday that I booked all the way back in May as a celebration for finishing my masters and education all together. The bad part is of course when I get back, I will be unemployed with no back ups. There's not much I can do about that, so for now I will focus on the positive. That is the only thing you can do when you know something bad is going to happen, just focus on the positives in your life and simply deal with the bad when it comes around. You'll only make yourself miserable focusing on the bad stuff coming up. So, focus on the fun things.

This month so far, I have sold 3 Random Quirks items :) which is really awesome after the desert of no sales that was June and July. It turns out that I don't have as many backed up new items as I thought though so I'm going to have to get creating - oh dear, more creating (yay!).

Looks like I'll have some time to create this weekend since I am attending a craft fair in Chorlton. Wish me luck! :) I'm also hoping to take part in a few more craft fairs later this month. Plus, I'm really getting on with my dissertation. I'm up to 13,200 words so only a few more thousand more and I'm done! I'm hoping to get it done as early as possible so I can concentrate on my shops.

With Toast Rack I have finally got a few more items so I shall begin listing the new stuff today, probably starting with the 1960s gramophone brooch. I figured out the age of the shoes I said I was going to ask my mum about; they are 1970s. Now I only need to figure out what decade the folky scarf is from. Maybe I'll have to ask some opinions online.

On the saving for my holiday front, I'm doing pretty well. I have paid off everything so now I only have to concentrate on spending money for food and souvenirs. Luckily I am a massive hoarder so I have plenty of stuff that I can sell on ebay :) That and selling more stuff on my shops has been helping. I have been doing better accounts now so I split the money made from each item into expenses (including materials), profit that goes back into the business, and wages for me. It has been working pretty well so I don't just spend everything on more supplies - though that is very tempting, lol.

In other news, I got my hair cut and got a fringe (bangs to the americans). I feel like my ten year old self again - fun :). Plus it's really nice not having to push my side fringe out of my face anymore - I felt like a right emo!

Right, back to work, I shall leave you with this cute pic of the kittens looking all symmetrical. Axle made me laugh last night being all ninja hunting a small moth in my room and briefly getting his paw stuck to some blu-tac on my wall!

2 comments:

Southern Belle said...

Adorable cats and I LOVE that first photo. & you are right, focusing on the bad can take a toll on a person. Good luck in finding a job when you return :)

Ladyulia said...

I think this my first time visiting ur blog
nice to find it :D