Tuesday, 12 October 2010

So many developments


Right, where to begin? I shall start off with the vintage fair I went to on Sunday. It was a bit of a slow day, but I managed to make a small profit so it was definitely worth it. It was also my first time using a clothes rail (thank you to the organisers for lending me one). Didn’t sell any of the clothes this time but it wasn’t really the right crowd and it didn’t help that I didn’t have anything to display prices. Must get/make some tags. It was a good day for Random Quirks, as all but one of the items that I sold was from there :)


In other news – I got a job yesterday! Yay. It’s only a Christmas temp position at New Look but its both employment and a step in the right direction towards my merchandising career. Not sure exactly when I’m starting but I have to go there this weekend to have an induction and team building.





I am also developing some branding bits and pieces for both Random Quirks and Toast Rack. Things like logo stamps, proper thank you cards, tags and promotional material. Last night I made a thank you card for Random Quirks. Let me know what you think.



I also need to make a new banner for Toast Rack since the current one isn’t really relevant. I also want a logo for the shop as well. This is me preparing for the Holiday period. :) Stuff is getting done.

I’m finally able to head to a car boot sale (a real one this time!) this Sunday so I will hopefully be getting more treasures for Toast Rack. I’m hoping to get more jewellery and trinkets than anything else since I have enough clothes for now. I would really like to put these gorgeous dresses I found online but I can’t really photograph them. I don’t have a model or a mannequin. Maybe once I clear out my room a bit then I’ll be able to fit a mannequin in there – I saw some cool ones in the TK Maxx in my home town.

Oh yes, and I almost forgot, there may be finally a Random Quirks website in the works. That is all I will say for now, more news on that at a later date.

What stuff are you getting done for the holiday rush?

4 comments:

Expressions By Devin said...

Awesome blog. Love you etsy shop.

M.M.E. said...

Congratulations on the show. I wish I could attend a vintage show like that. I'd come home with tons of stuff, though, so I'd have to get a bigger apartment.

Quirks said...

Thank you Devin :)

M.M.E - And that is exactly why I'm not allowed to wander round these fairs when I'm selling at them :)

Green Pickles said...

Hi! Congrats on the show!

Just to let you know I've had a shop update with lots of new items so please pop over:

http://www.greenpicklesshop.co.uk