Wednesday, 21 November 2012

The time to be creative

For the first time in awhile, I was able to just sit down and make new jewellery pieces. 

Here's a couple of sneak peeks.



How cute is this little guy?

Also the post man paid me a visit today with a job lot of scarves I had ordered. Exciting! I've been needing some new scarves for Toast Rack for a while.

I'm in love with this keys scarf!

The great thing about not having a strict schedule to keep to is that when inspiration strikes, I can actually act on it. I tend to get an overwhelming need to paint or sew or whatever once in a while and can't do anything about it since I've been at work or have had to go to sleep at night. 

So last night, I got a sudden urge to make a rug. Sounds quite random, but making a rug is actually on my 25 things to do before I'm 25 list that I have on my other blog. Now I can actually say that I've made a real start on it. I originally saw this DIY braided rug on A beautiful mess and knew that I wanted to make one for myself. The great thing about it is that because it's lots of braided fabric together, I can do it a step at a time.


And finally, I never got a chance to show off the ad-mags I made to hand out at fairs.


Kinda badly glued together but not bad. What do you think?

On a serious note to do with Random Quirks and Toast Rack, tomorrow I'm going to see someone from my old uni that helps alumni set up their own business. I hope something positive comes from the experience. 

Fingers crossed!

When do you find the time to be creative?


No comments: